[lbo-talk] Writing and sexual attraction: was "Ann Coulter shut up"

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 11:14:48 PST 2005

I'm as vain as a gold draped cat sitting proudly on Ramses' lap during the pyramid hosing boom of something something BC (too lazy to google dwaynage?) - so compliments are always a welcome addition to the day.

In fact, my wife, who likes to drop expert put downs on my head like Thor's hammer - hurtling, surprisingly, from off camera to hit a frost giant on the ass - says that were I Stalin, there'd be a bit less gulag and a bit more Christian Dior sunglasses.

She knows me like I know the plans for that time machine I built at age twelve (which, by a strange coincidence, resembled a lounge chair with some non-functional buttons on it) so I don't dispute the characterization.

But on to the main point...

Throughout my sweet, delicious, 'where's the creamy filling?' focused dating career there were many, many times when a woman's wit, humor, courage and other lovely qualities having nothing whatsoever to do with how she looked by American beauty standards so rocked me that I dove in with the wildest of abandons.

One of my sexiest girlfriends never thought of herself as such (or even pretty) but goddamn was she in error!

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/ <<<<<>>>>> "...finally, science has joined forces with revenge."

Homer J. Simpson