[lbo-talk] Alpizar Killing: Orlando Sentinel Readers Sound Off

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Dec 10 09:24:27 PST 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> It seems to me that you are once again defending the killing of an
> innocent by law enforcement authorities in a knee-jerk fashion. Your
> problem is that intelligent Americans don't agree with you on this,
> so you despise them, and dumb Americans enthusiastically agree with
> you, but you despise them, too, because they are dumb.

It seems to me that you and PC are too generous in your efforts to amend the morals of someone whose main motive seems to be an overwhelming fear that "someone" out there might hurt _him_, and that to fend off that distant threat it is necessary to long for a Leviathan that makes Hobbes seem an Esther Summerson in contrast. Cowardice of this sort is, I fear, beyond mending.

Carrol