[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter shut up

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 10:43:31 PST 2005

--- Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> What a bunch of fucking bullshit! You don't know me,
> so stop making
> assumptions about me and the other guys.

Ditto. The thread started with a passing comment by Doug in response to someone else that he found Coulter "fetching". I think that startled some of us because we find her particularly unattractive (at least I do). Even Yoshie added her opinion, so it wasnt just guys. If you followed the thread on Sartre, you will know that I also find him ugly, though I find some of his philosophy and literature interesting.

In "real" life I have reactions towards the way people look. I dont judge them stricly upon that, but I am a god-damn mammal and it counts. I am sorry that we dont live in a sexless universe where those things dont count, but that's the way it is.

If some here want to engage in PC hair-splitting then that is their right. However, I refuse to be brow-beaten by them.

-Thomas

<<We are at such a point in mankind's evolution where changed conditions invalidate all our policies that have been so successful even in the recent past, and that presumably have constituted the ideal response to a presumably unchanging and unchangeable human condition. No wonder we are stupefied and confused-but our mistake is the same which many cultures have made before us, namely to force a rigid model upon a fluid reality.

Erich Jantsch - "Design for Evolution: Self-Organization and Planning in the Life of Human Systems"