[lbo-talk] Whack. Contact. Door. Whump.

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Sun Dec 11 08:58:06 PST 2005

And, here's a follow up to one I've promised for awhile now. Like I said, I'm going to tie these all together for an entry into an anthology on women who like to play in the boys' sandboxes.

Whack. Contact. Door. Whump.

I suppose I should tell a delightfully rambling story, to follow up to the "<http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/08/you-had-the-best-parties/>You had the best parties" scream-of-consciousness rant. The caption to the pic? It was from a friend of mine, ac, who used to dole it out in IRC whenever they decided to trade pics. He'd entitled it, "heh."

I like ac. He's a good guy and married to a remarkable woman who takes some major shit from conservatives. ac's a conservative, btw. But, he's not the right kinda conservative, so he takes some major shit from the movement conservative (no more public scatology!) and neocon wing.

So, I ranted in a grand twirl of shit in that one post, working my way up to the end. There I talked about how I'd bang tennis balls against a steel door at the State Agency building across the street from my home. Every now and then, a man would come out and look out the window. I kept on playing after I realized that, while annoyed, they weren't going to try to stop me. I figured it was public property, I could dent the steel door with those tennis balls all I wanted.

Of course, I'm growed up™ now and I know that, more than likely, the men were just watching a young thing in shorts, sweating. I don't imagine there was any public ruling that you could deface a steel door with dents, just because tax dollars paid for it. [---] http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/12/11/whack-contact-door-whump/

BTW, Nice condescending post explaining to feminists what feminism is all about. No one here used the term, but Manwich explains what Lacanian feminist thought is all about. Well, here's one of my first posts on the topic:

"We had to look away from the gaze and we weren't supposed to look back at the gaze or the one doing the gaze. (I didn't type "gazing" for a reason.) Well, we were taught not to look back anyway­if you wanted to be a good girl. And, even if you wanted to be a bad girl, you weren't looking back at the gaze." http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/10/the-sexpos-are-still-in-the-game/

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org