[lbo-talk] Watching Human Rights Watch

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 11 10:55:50 PST 2005

http://globalresearch.ca/PrintArticle.php?articleId=1437

Watching Human Rights Watch Open Letter to the Executive Director of HRW

By Gabriele Zamparini

(*) Gabriele Zamparini is an independent filmmaker, writer and journalist living in London. He's the producer and director of the documentaries XXI CENTURY and The Peace! DVD and author of American Voices of Dissent (Paradigm Publishers). He can be reached at info at thecatsdream.com - Find out more about him and his work at http://TheCatsDream.co

December 10, 2005 The Cat's Dream

Dear Mr. Kenneth Roth, Executive Director Human Rights Watch

On December 2, 2005 the New York Times published an article with the title “Rights Group Lists 26 It Says U.S. Is Holding in Secret Abroad”. The article quotes Marc Garlasco, Senior Military Analyst at Human Rights Watch, saying:

"One thing I want to make clear is we are talking about some really bad guys," Mr. Garlasco said. "These are criminals who need to be brought to justice. One of our main problems with the U.S. is that justice is not being served by having these people held incognito.”

Mr. Garlasco said, "Our concern is that if illegal methods such as torture are being used against them," trials may "either be impossible or questionable under international standards of jurisprudence." (1)