[lbo-talk] Arnold Schwartzenegger - spineless sack of crap

J. Tyler jptyler at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 13 19:45:13 PST 2005

Paul Childs wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/12/monday/index.html
>
> It's funny how even when you suspect that something awful
> will happen, when it finally does, you still want to lose your lunch.
>
> What a gutless scumbag. He could have stood up and said that
> Williams is not the man who committed those crimes anymore,
> nothing he can do will bring those people back but, but he
> will spend the rest of his life in prison paying the price by
> trying to stop them from being repeated, as Williams himself
> has said he would do.

But Schwarzenegger didn't believe Williams has changed. This is the best part of his statement:

"The dedication of Williams' book 'Life in Prison' casts significant doubt on his personal redemption. This book was published in 1998, several years after Williams' claimed redemptive experience. Specifically, the book is dedicated to 'Nelson Mandela, Angela Davis, Malcolm X, Assata Shakur, Geronimo Ji Jaga Pratt, Ramona Africa, John Africa, Leonard Peltier, Dhoruba Al-Mujahid, George Jackson, Mumia Abu-Jamal, and the countless other men, women, and youths who have to endure the hellish oppression of living behind bars.' The mix of individuals on this list is curious. Most have violent pasts and some have been convicted of committing heinous murders, including the killing of law enforcement.

"But the inclusion of George Jackson on this list defies reason and is a significant indicator that Williams is not reformed and that he still sees violence and lawlessness as a legitimate means to address societal problems."

http://www.governor.ca.gov/govsite/pdf/press_release_2005/Williams_Cleme ncy_Statement.pdf

To me, the citation of George Jackson as a reason to deny Williams clemency defies reason and is a siginficant indicator that Schwarzenegger is not reformed and that he still sees white supremacism as a legitimate means to address societal problems.

"The principal contradiction between the oppressor and oppressed can be reduced to the fact that the only way the oppressor can maintain his position is by fostering, nurturing, building contempt for the oppressed."--George Jackson.