[lbo-talk] Narnia

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Dec 19 09:49:27 PST 2005

I saw it. I'd say it is in the European medieval and fairy tale genre. "Christianity" is a main ideology of the European Middle Ages, feudalism, so there is a bit of an abstract Christianity to it.

At least Christmas is a theme, but not with the emphasis on the Birth of Christ. Rather,however, Santa Claus had a bit part in it. He gave the kids who are the main characters gifts, that were magical and key to their survival in battle later. I wouldn't call it an allegory for the life of Christ. But it is Christian-Christmassy, with all the snow, elves, gifts. Like I say, Santa Claus literally has a bit part. What can I say . He doesn't wear red.

Alas, the maggiiccc forreesttt themes were somewhat cliched to me. I've sort of lost my innocence. The lead character is about 7 years old. :>)

Charles