[lbo-talk] Re: Chip Berlet on Hustler

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Thu Dec 22 15:04:54 PST 2005

At 1:46 PM -0500 22/12/05, Doug Henwood wrote:

>I've watch various electronic forums spin totally out of control
>because of a libertarian attitude towards assholes, or other
>disruptive sorts. This is a moderated list, not a constitutional
>democracy.

So this is the doctrine of pre-emptive execution then? The other danger is that people might be frightened to challenge the herd mentality and it will all get very boring and predictable. You might want to consider having some kind of policy that strikes a balance between disruptive abuse and repetition of the party line, rather than making arbitrary decisions on a whim.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas