[lbo-talk] Re: Chip Berlet on Hustler

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Thu Dec 22 16:01:56 PST 2005

At 06:04 PM 12/22/2005, Bill Bartlett wrote:
>At 1:46 PM -0500 22/12/05, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>I've watch various electronic forums spin totally out of control because
>>of a libertarian attitude towards assholes, or other disruptive sorts.
>>This is a moderated list, not a constitutional democracy.
>
>So this is the doctrine of pre-emptive execution then? The other danger is
>that people might be frightened to challenge the herd mentality and it
>will all get very boring and predictable. You might want to consider
>having some kind of policy that strikes a balance between disruptive abuse
>and repetition of the party line, rather than making arbitrary decisions
>on a whim.

For those who'd like to engage SD, feel free to subscribe to the pulp culture list and start the convo there. there is utterly no traffic b/c about half the members are from this list. :) the rest don't have time or interest these days. Me? I have limited time and it's most beneficial for me to cultivate my blog administration, etc. skills -- since business blogging is all the rage.

You see, I don't have a problem with engaging people from 'the other' side - though you won't find me participating in those discussions (no time). I _do_ have a problem when someone doesn't RTFM.

SD, my partner, and I used to subscribe to the same email list. SD and R still do. When I showed up at the list in 2000, SD felt I'd invaded his space and despoiled it. He is "returning the favor."

He is an intelligent guy, will give you a run for your money, etc. etc. I've just been there, done that and -- no time.

If there is any interest in carrying on the convo, i'll just forward it to the pulp list and you guys can go to town. In fact, if you want your own freakin' list, you can make up the rules and I'll administer it for you. :)

Those of you on the list, who'd be unhappy about it, should pipe up so I can consider the drawbacks -- though, hell, if'n y'all ain't posting and discussin' anyway, why would you care? :)