[lbo-talk] Suspect in ecoterror case found dead in jail

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Dec 22 17:23:42 PST 2005

Prescott community mourns passing of William Rodgers

Statement from the Friends of the Catalyst

We mourn the passing of our dear friend and community member, Bill Rodgers, who worked tirelessly for the causes of social justice and environmental sustainability. We ask that he be remembered as the gentle, kind, and compassionate person we all knew and loved here in Prescott. We remain committed to continuing the work of community building and ecological awareness, through the Catalyst Infoshop, as part of the legacy Bill helped to create. We wish our friend the peace and serenity that he strived so hard to create in this world. This is a great loss for our community. We love you, Bill.

http://www.catalystinfoshop.org http://www.supportbill.org

Article from AP:

Suspect in ecoterror case found dead in jail

An Arizona bookstore owner charged with eco-sabotage in Washington was found dead in a Flagstaff jail cell early Monday, authorities said Thursday.

William C. Rodgers, 40, of Prescott, committed suicide, according to the Coconino County Sheriff's Office. The county medical examiner determined that Rodgers suffocated after placing a plastic bag over his head while he was being held in a one-person cell.

Rodgers was one of six people arrested this month in connection with eco-terrorist attacks in Oregon and Washington in recent years. He was charged in the firebombing of a government wildlife lab outside Olympia, Wash.

In an affidavit filed in federal court last week, an FBI agent said Rodgers attended a meeting of Earth Liberation Front members in western Colorado where the arson of a Vail, Colo., ski resort was planned.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1222az-ecoterror22-ON.html