[lbo-talk] NOT QUESTION BEGGING

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 09:56:56 PST 2005

No it doesn't. This isn't even seriously arguable. Haven't you been following the recent debate on biology? Please, Chris, I am starting to get annowyed. Go out and read some SJ Gould or R. Lewtontin or R Dawkins and get some basic biologicalt literacy. Successful adapation means having more babies that themselves survive to reproductive age. Natural selection is a sieve that promotes such adaptation by favoring mutations that have this effect in various environments. If I hear once more from supposedly informed persons that this is tautological, question-begging, circular, or any such crap, I am going to scream. Question begging mean putting the conclusion in the premises. Evolutionary explanations that invoke natural selection don't do this. Why can't people see this?