[lbo-talk] Evolutionary theory/Gravitation

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 24 03:27:35 PST 2005

So, _why_ does space-time "curve" near massy objects? _Why_ does extent of "curvature" correlate with quantity of mass? _Why_ do objects follow the shortest distance between two points? Remodeled geometrical fiat?

(I am aware that gravitation is not a force in the strict sense of the term BTW.)

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, approximately; the point is, very roughly, that
> objects follow the shortest distance between two
> points, and spacetime curves near massy objects, so
> the shortest distance takes them into the gravity
> well. Obviously there's is a lot more to it even in
> GTR. And it is also true that we don't have a grand
> unified field theory that unified theory that
> integrates quantum and GTR. But since GTR the
> mechanism of gravitation is not a mystery.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! for Good - Make a difference this year. http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/