[lbo-talk] Have a happy and merry December 25

Wojtek Sokolowski wsokol52 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 06:20:58 PST 2005

--- Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> Today, as the world pauses on the birthday of one of
> history's greatest
> men, whose teachings continue to benefit the entire
> human race,
> let us join in toasting the memory of Sir Isaac
> Newton, and of all
> the giants on whose shoulders he stood.

Ditto. As I already said in a previous post, most people on earth observe new year (winter solstice) which gives them an opportunity to get together, tell stories, and celebrate. It is pretty much like the Halloween - an opportunity to party and tell ghost stories nobody takes seriously, but which are a part of the experience.

So the end of the year is a good opportunity for all people on Earth getting together, bringing their story telling traditions, and celebrating - while taking all these stories with a grain of salt. So put up a xmas tree, light up a menorah, circle a bonfire or propose a toast to Sir Issac and then celebrate together, and be merry. The addeded bonus is that it will make the fundie fanatics really mad.

Wojtek

__________________________________ Yahoo! for Good - Make a difference this year. http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/