[lbo-talk] Evolutionary theory/Gravitation

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 13:12:06 PST 2005

Thanks to Martin for clearing up what point of view I was critiquing.

I'll take the role of the radical Quantum Physics believer and say that the Universe exists because there was a probabilty that it would come into existence and eventually we all hit the Big Lotto.

So consider this: what is the probability of the first creation being God? If ever there was an unlikely creation, God is that.

As for this notion of accepting and not asking questions any futher, please, that's absurd and contrary to Science. We keep asking and we keep answering no matter how crazy the people seem whom we are answering.

I have to say I don't understand the primary argument here. Survival of the Fittest only means survival of the fittest at that time, in those particular conditions. Again, the only logical general direction that evolution takes is to keep adding genes to the genome, in that the nuclear material started out in tiny strands and now is found in huge strands. That's it as far as "direction" in evolution - that I can see anyway.

boddi