[lbo-talk] Evolutionary theory/Gravitation

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Dec 26 10:27:15 PST 2005

CB: Thanks, Les.

My other thought was did Epicurus speculatively derive quantum mechanics ? Since the swerve might explain why location and speed of electrons can't be simultaneously measured in that measurer is looking for the location at the end of a straightline and it is actually curved away from the location where it is looked for.

Reply to Justin: I don't think Epicurus gave an explanation for the curve. At any rate, both Democrius' version of the atom and Epircurus' swerving atom are not precisely like the modern scientific descriptions, just interestingly overlapping pictures or concepts for obvious reasons

^^^^^^

Les Schaffer

Charles Brown wrote:

>On the curved space-time, interesting that in his Ph.d thesis , Marx
favored
>Epicurus over Democritus , and Epicurus held that there was a declination
of
>a falling atom from a straight line, that atoms "swwerved" , which is a
>curve, in contrast with Democritus who held they fall in a straightline.

charles:

do a google on "Zitterbewegung", doesnt relate to relativity theory, but you'll find the description interesting.

les schaffer

Visual Quantum Mechanics <http://www.kfunigraz.ac.at/imawww/vqm/pages/samples/206_01b.html> Solution of the free Dirac equation (Zitterbewegung) ... The time evolution exhibits the phenomenon called "Zitterbewegung": The expectation value of the ... www.kfunigraz.ac.at/imawww/ vqm/pages/samples/206_01b.html - 6k - Cached <http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:U_O5yLOUfA0J:www.kfunigraz.ac.at/imaww w/vqm/pages/samples/206_01b.html+Zitterbewegung&hl=en> - Similar pages <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=related:www.kfunigraz.ac.at/imawww /vqm/pages/samples/206_01b.html>

Zitterbewegung <http://delta.cs.cinvestav.mx/~mcintosh/comun/symm/node11.html>