[lbo-talk] Fun With Chips

Guest lbodownload at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 01:48:17 PST 2005

It's just that the
> XBox360 motherboard was... disappointingly PC-like.
> In true Microsoft
> style, they didn't even bother to engineer backwards
> compatibility into
> the 360 for the original XBox games. (There's a
> software patch you have to
> download).
>
> I'm hoping Sony kicked those forces of video
> production up a notch.
>
> -- DRR

I agree completely.

Excuse me while I strike the floor angrily with my cane.

Yes, I remember a time when a console was somthing you could rely on. Even if the game sucked it'd run like a swiss watch, dagnabit! Might not offer the content a PC could, and you couldn't mod or hack for balls, but at least your playfields would load reliably, and you NEVER crashed unless somebody got peanut butter down in the cartridge. Now that consoles suffer equally from slowdowns, crashes, bugs, and deliver painful electric shocks as well you've got to ask yourself, what exactly is the point of a console if it runs exactly like a tiny retarded PC? And you STILL can't hook your mouse up to the bloody thing? Don't get me started on how dual analog sticks have forced developers to dumb down combat/steering mechanics and user interfaces in EVERY genre to the point that they're half automated.

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com