[lbo-talk] Re: Mr. Churchill

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Feb 3 09:08:16 PST 2005

snit snat wrote:

> well, here's the context. The Clinton administration took warnings like
> that very seriously. The Bush administartion apparently did not. Neither
> one is more racist than the other. So, taking them seriously had very
> little to do with racism. Furthermore, the Busheviks DID take very
> seriously the threat against Genoa earlier that summer and went to great
> lengths to make sure the presdinet was safe there. So, it wasn't that
> they didn't believe something could happen because they had believed
> that 'little brown people' were too incompetent to pull it off. IT's the
> most absurd thing I've ever heard given that those same 'little brown
> people' had already tried to blow up the WTC, had tried to attack the
> u.s. New Year's 2000, the Cole, etc. etc. Racism does not explain why
> they ignored a warning about Al Q striking in the u.s.

Kelley, Kelley. The first WTC attack, the Cole, and other incidents were just background noise as far as those in power were concerned. The state expects these kinds of small scale terrorism. The assumption is that these kinds of attacks are hard to pull off and the probablity the perps will be intercepted before they succeed to be favorable to the state. The racist arrogance comes into play when it is assumed that the "terrorists" don't have the smarts or wherewithal to seriously inflict damage on the country.

I think that it's important to be skeptical of the official story, but I find it to be more fascinating that the world's biggest superpower was virtually helpless in stopping the 9/11 attacks. The important lesson to draw from this is that even superpowers aren't all powerful and that they can be seriously disrupted by small measures (see Fallujah and Vietnam).

I just can't buy the conspiracy theories that the U.S. government organized the attacks or permitted them to happen. This line of thinking is based on the false idea that states are all powerful and all-seeing. I was on the streets of Washington, DC shortly after the attacks. The American state was clearly in a state of chaos.

Chuck