[lbo-talk] Re: Mr. Churchill

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Thu Feb 3 11:35:03 PST 2005

> Kelley, Kelley. The first WTC attack, the Cole, and other incidents were
> just background noise as far as those in power were concerned. The state
> expects these kinds of small scale terrorism. The assumption is that
> these kinds of attacks are hard to pull off and the probablity the perps
> will be intercepted before they succeed to be favorable to the state.
> The racist arrogance comes into play when it is assumed that the
> "terrorists" don't have the smarts or wherewithal to seriously inflict
> damage on the country.
>
> I think that it's important to be skeptical of the official story, but I
> find it to be more fascinating that the world's biggest superpower was
> virtually helpless in stopping the 9/11 attacks. The important lesson to
> draw from this is that even superpowers aren't all powerful and that
> they can be seriously disrupted by small measures (see Fallujah and
> Vietnam).
>
> I just can't buy the conspiracy theories that the U.S. government
> organized the attacks or permitted them to happen. This line of thinking
> is based on the false idea that states are all powerful and all-seeing.
> I was on the streets of Washington, DC shortly after the attacks. The
> American state was clearly in a state of chaos.
>
> Chuck

Yes, snit, please remember how very, very crucial it is to think carefully about reality for us lefties. For example, all the people, including the janitors and secretaries and sandwich makers, who were killed on 911 were much more terrorist than were the heroic, secular freedom-fighters who dispensed chicken-roosting justice to them on that great day.