[lbo-talk] ss surplus by year

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Sat Feb 5 12:38:15 PST 2005

Hello LBO-talk!

I was looking for a chart showing how much the difference between FICA receipts and SSA payouts has been on a year-by-year basis. This is the figure that was supposed to go negative in 1984 right before the working-class-only tax increase, and which is scheduled to go negative in 2018 or so when SSA starts redeeming the bonds in the SS Trust fund.

(Or when the Treasury defaults on these bonds!) For some reason I can't find what I'm looking for by Google, even though I'm almost sure I've seen the exact chart before on line somewhere. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net