[lbo-talk] problems with the argument

philion at stolaf.edu philion at stolaf.edu
Sun Feb 6 16:15:11 PST 2005

"I disagree. Were the guards as Auschwitz less culpable than Eichmann himself? How about the clerks? The people who ran the showers? The kitchen workers? No, if the bond traders were little Eichmanns, then by Churchill's argument, the clerks were little Nazis, too."

Well, that's exactly why I don't care for the argument. I don't care for it as it applies to Germany or to 911...Now you get it. As a matter of fact, I leave it to Marc Cooper to explain why it has such appeal, to me it's a lousy way to do class analysis. steve