[lbo-talk] Free advice for Howie Hawkins from Brother Wayne Kramer

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Mon Feb 7 17:40:42 PST 2005

This is the one with his eulogy for Bukowski, "So Long, Hank", and the narrative "Incident on Stock Island" (not Long Island, as I misremembered) that I mentioned earlier.

http://www.waynekramer.com/wk/hardstuf.cfm

"SHARKSKIN SUIT"

Theres a style of suit that I really dig But you cannot wear them if you get too big Cool in the past Cool in the present When the light hits right Its damn iridescent If I stumble on a robbery Ill scream dont shoot! Couldnt stand to have any holes In my sharkskin suit. The Cadillac of suits.

Yeah, theyre worn by pimps and some wiseguys, see? Aint no doubt about it they are right for me Like Frankie, Sammy, And that rat pack mob Were showing America Dont dress like a slob With Joey and Dino They were all in cahoots Its Oceans 11 In sharkskin suits. The Cadillac of suits.

It was confirmed last night for the world to see Lyle Lovett was on TV He was cool as always And smart to boot What do you think he was wearing? A brown sharkskin suit Sharkskins eternal Sharkskins grand Its just the thing If you play in a band The tapered leg The narrow lapel The cut and shine Well, youre cool as hell If I make a million bucks And thats a lot of loot Some of it would go For some sharkskin suits. The Cadillac of suits.