[lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 15 14:48:26 PST 2005

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu, Tue Feb 15 13:31:38 PST 2005:
>I remain stunned at the range of leftists who seem incapable of
>reasoning their way through this disaster. Do you genuinely think
>O'Reilly and gang are "pissed off" about Churchill? How'd you get
>so naïve? Dude, they're gloating. They've found their proof that
>the left is laughable, unserious, immoral, boneheaded, hypocritical,
>and in favor of repeating murderous errors. The "anger" is merely
>an act. They're laughing their asses off at us.

Why should you (or any other leftist) take responsibility for Ward Churchill's opinion? The Right is of course forever trying to hold all leftists of all varieties responsible for any and all of the crimes committed by any and all governments, movements, organizations, and individuals that say or are said to be "on the left" today (or said or were said to be "on the left" in the past), but that the Right charges you with responsibility for Pol Pot's crimes for instance doesn't mean that you have to follow the Right's reasoning, believe that the Right has presented their proof that "the left" is murderous, and act as if you were a defendant in the court of opinion. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * OSU-GESO: <http://www.osu-geso.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>