[lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Feb 15 15:21:08 PST 2005

Doug:
> >Sometimes, the best thing you can do is to piss your enemies off to the
> >point they start blindly lashing out. That makes them more vulnerable,
so
> >wait for the opportune moment and go for the kill. "By any means
> >necessary."
>
> I've never known you to be so delusional.

I used that strategy quite effectively in office politics when I worked for the DoD. It may not always work, to be sure, but if the circumstances are right, it works wonders. For example - O'Reilly's rants may provide a useful platform for bringing rightwingers making similar comments to the lime light (cf Fred Phelps http://www.adl.org/special_reports/wbc/wbc_on_america.asp).

Granted it requires access to truly mass media and journalist with guts and integrity - a rarity in the mainstream media.

Wojtek