[lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 12:36:29 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: Wojtek Sokolowski To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:16 AM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

Doug:
> Yup. I talked to Tom's class several times in the WTC. My mother
> worked there (though she retired long ago). My upstairs neighbor was
> killed there.

Doug, but you (and Max) are missing his main point, that we tend to apply double standards: it is "collateral damage" when brown skinned people are killed by our bombs on the other hemisphere, but is personal and raw-nerve-touching when our neighbors are killed by brown skinned people from the other hemisphere.

If you apply truly universal standards, as most claim to do, you should apply the same standards in both situations. Most leftist tried to do it by "humanizing" the brown-skinned victims of the US empire i.e. using "our" standards to view "their" casualties. That is commendable, but easily dismissed by fascist propaganda as "bleeding heart liberalism." So Mr. Churchill reversed the strategy and applied the standards "we" use to judge "them" to judge "us." Lo and behold - the fascist vermin is going nuts. Evidently, the strategy worked.

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is to piss your enemies off to the point they start blindly lashing out. That makes them more vulnerable, so wait for the opportune moment and go for the kill. "By any means necessary."

Wojtek ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suspect that is what Norman Mailer was thinking when he said

"They understood that you didn't have to attack

the fortress anymore. You could just surround it,

make faces at the people inside and let them have

nervous breakdowns and destroy themselves."

According to sources, Norman Mailer had the opportunity to interview the commander of a National Guard detachment at the '68 Democratic National Convention in Chicago.

He noticed the barbed wire and 2x4 racks mounted on the fronts of jeeps, to be used as portable barricades, and he threw this question at the commander:

"Tell me? How do you get the flesh off the barbed wire?"

Seizing the moment.

It's just as neccesary as planning, theorizing, and organizing. BAMN

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.306 / Virus Database: 265.8.8 - Release Date: 2/14/2005