[lbo-talk] Churchill's complaint

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Feb 15 13:00:09 PST 2005

Part of the point is that WC's classifications are ridiculous. Applying the enemy's processes of ratiocination to not inspire confidence in a rational outcome.

As to your strategy, when one is outnumbered and overpowered by fascist vermin, causing them to go nuts would not be my first resort.

mbs

Doug, but you (and Max) are missing his main point, that we tend to apply double standards: it is "collateral damage" when brown skinned people are killed by our bombs on the other hemisphere, but is personal and raw-nerve-touching when our neighbors are killed by brown skinned people from the other hemisphere.

If you apply truly universal standards, as most claim to do, you should apply the same standards in both situations. Most leftist tried to do it by "humanizing" the brown-skinned victims of the US empire i.e. using "our" standards to view "their" casualties. That is commendable, but easily dismissed by fascist propaganda as "bleeding heart liberalism." So Mr. Churchill reversed the strategy and applied the standards "we" use to judge "them" to judge "us." Lo and behold - the fascist vermin is going nuts. Evidently, the strategy worked.

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is to piss your enemies off to the point they start blindly lashing out. That makes them more vulnerable, so wait for the opportune moment and go for the kill. "By any means necessary."

Wojtek