[lbo-talk] Re: "little eichmans" at dresden

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Feb 16 07:41:35 PST 2005

Fs:
> when and where did the germans bomb a city in the manner and with the
> firepower that was employed at dresden, and with the resulting massive
> death toll?

Eastern Europe, especially Poland and the USSR - but these were the untermensch people and thus "deserved" it. London also suffered a bit, and would most likely suffer more if the Luftwaffe had the capacity do carpet bomb it.

I am not trying to justify the bombing of Dresden or any other civilian target. I am just cognizant of the fact that many hearts must have been filled with joy at Dachau or Mauthaussen hearing those bombs falling (Auschwitz was no more at that time).

Wojtek