[lbo-talk] O'Reilly vs Churchill: treason? sedition?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 17 06:16:16 PST 2005

Thomas Brown wrote:

>I think the two phenomena are related. Were the left more "nitpicky
>about factchecking individual claims", it would be less vulnerable to
>such attacks.

By the way, since you're here - why did you write that piece? What was the point of fact-checking Churchill at a moment when he's under attack - and when any discrediting of his specific genocide claims will be used by the right to discredit any assertion that Indians were victims of genocide at all? Did you care about how your paper might be used, or just about getting The Facts straight?

Doug