[lbo-talk] O'Reilly vs Churchill: treason? sedition?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Feb 17 07:07:16 PST 2005

Thomas Brown:
> I published in the midst of the right-wing firestorm only
> because my findings would not have been taken
> seriously before. I'm getting support I don't want
> from the right, and I'm getting uninformed ad hominem
> criticism from the left. Sometimes the world is upside down.

So you had an ax to grind with Mr. Churchill and took an advantage of the witch hunting to settle the score. I think that undermines your credibility quite substantially. If being taken seriously were your main concern, you should have remained silent. Wisdom is knowing when to speak and when to remain silent.

Wojtek