[lbo-talk] Nathan's "Fun Tool"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 09:15:29 PST 2005

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

> I agree. Here's my work-in-progress:

<http://redstateson.blogspot.com/2005/02/make-your-own-enemies-list.html>

This is really good, Dennis, but I don't think you're doing the mockery right. Since Horowitz operates at the junior-high-school level of discourse, the appropriate thing to do is to out-juvenile him and go to the "you're wife's a slut" level. It works for Matt Taibbi! You should preface every blog entry with something about having fucked Horowitz's wife. As in, "Man am I tired from having spent the weekend fucking David Horowitz's wife, but I have stuff to write about anyway," or variously, "Bush's approval ratings are bobbing up and down like mad, much as I observed David Horowitz's wife's head doing last Friday night while he and Hitchens were at the conference," or again, "Fallujah is now a wrecked and blasted landscape. In this way, it is rather similar to Dadid Horowitz's wife, who fortunately is willing to put a bag on her head while I am fucking her." Then, in a little footnote, say something like "I am not actually fucking David Horowitz's wife -- this is just a literary trick -- but I sure could if I wanted too!" That will avoid the libel charges.

That is the level that will work.

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!