[lbo-talk] Terrain of Struggle was O'Reilly vs Churchill

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 18 09:42:03 PST 2005

At 10:10 AM 2/18/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Chip Berlet wrote:
>
>>Carrol Cox makes me crazy sometimes,
>
>Me more than sometimes!
>
>> but if he was targetted by a smear campaign I would expect all of us to
>> rise up in his defense as a matter of principle.
>
>I would, and hope everyone else would too. Hell, I'd even stand in defense
>of Proyect!
>
>Doug

Well, obviously. But how is it defending Newman, Pug, and others on that list to describe them as provacateurs or place them in the same category? I don't really care if he's saying we should just tolerate them, that kind of talk is just plain bullshit and leads to the very witch hunts everyone says they want to avoid.

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling