[lbo-talk] google locator

yellek oudeis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:46:45 PST 2005

I'm not sure why some people think this will help burglars? I can see how you'd prefer not to have this information traceable if you, say, give out your phone number on a Saturday night and don't realize you're giving it to an obsessed stalker.

I know people use cell phones to avoid that kind of physical tracking. Also, you can remove your number from the listing,

Look up your own number:

1) Go to: http://www.google.com/

2) Type your phone number in the search bar (i.e. 555-555-1212) and hit enter.

3) If you want to BLOCK Google from divulging your private information, go to the "results" and choose the "phone book removal form."

Google lists several other search engines that provide reverse phone number searches. You have to block each one separately.

Removal takes 48-hours.