[lbo-talk] He'll shoot and he won't weep (article on the newlyappointed Head of the Israeli Armed Forces who will take over from Boogie Ya'alon)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Feb 28 07:49:09 PST 2005

Bryan:
> http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/545715.html
>
> He'll shoot and he won't weep
> By Gideon Levy

I can only wish a major US paper wrote something similar about the US military. It seems, however, that the military is the sacred cow here - not just in the media, but among the population as well.

Anyone hallucinating about a "peace movement" having any currency in the US of A should go out and count "support our troops - god bless the USA" bumper stickers.

Wojtek