[lbo-talk] He'll shoot and he won't weep (article on the newlyappointed Head of the Israeli Armed Forces who will take over from Boogie Ya'alon)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Feb 28 08:43:04 PST 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Anyone hallucinating about a "peace movement" having any currency in the US
> of A should go out and count "support our troops - god bless the USA" bumper
> stickers.

It's a good things that activists don't pay much attention to the Monday morning naysayers on the LBO-list. If they listened to all of the comments here about why we can't change anything, nothing would be happening out there at all.

I've been counting the number of these stickers as I drive around Kansas City. Statistically speaking, there just aren't that many of these ribbon magnets on cars and vehicles. The numbers are far less that the amount of car patriotic garbage that was on display after 9-11. I would roughly estimate that less than 10% of the vehicles here in Kansas City have any form of ribbons on them, including the ones for breast cancer awareness.

I've noticed that more often than not, these stupid ribbon magnets are affixed to SUVs being driven by white people. So I've concluded that these ribbon magnets are a public sign of ignorance displayed by noveau riche suburbanites.

Chuck0