[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill is Neocon Test Case for Academic Purges

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Feb 28 11:16:22 PST 2005

Michael Dawson wrote:

> Amazing. You watched that tape and thought he was making a point about
> teaching style? You have major perception and/or honesty issues, dude. He
> was flat-out saying he wrote what he wrote to piss people off, not to tell
> the truth.

Not only did I watch that segment and watch the Daily Show every night, but I'm almost finished with "On the Justice of Roosting Chickens." I will be writing a review of Churchill's excellent book.

Oh yes, it's very clear that Churchill is trying to piss people off. That's why he used the "little Eichmanns" analogy instead of the more mundane "good Germans." And he's pissing people off with the truth, the truth of America's long history of imperialism, genocide, war, capitalism and violating international laws. It's all spelled out in his book "On the Justice of Roosting Chickens." It so factual that the section I'm reading now--on all of the United Nations resolutions that the U.S. has blocked, vetoed and voted against--puts me to sleep.

Churchill is trying to piss off Americans in the slap-in-the-face way that is really needed right now. And he has succeeded.

Chuck