[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill is Neocon Test Case for Academic Purges

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Mon Feb 28 11:17:45 PST 2005

> Oh yes, it's very clear that Churchill is trying to piss people off.
> That's why he used the "little Eichmanns" analogy instead of the more
> mundane "good Germans." And he's pissing people off with the truth, the
> truth of America's long history of imperialism, genocide, war,
> capitalism and violating international laws. It's all spelled out in his
> book "On the Justice of Roosting Chickens." It so factual that the
> section I'm reading now--on all of the United Nations resolutions that
> the U.S. has blocked, vetoed and voted against--puts me to sleep.
>
> Churchill is trying to piss off Americans in the slap-in-the-face way
> that is really needed right now. And he has succeeded.
>
> Chuck

Churchill's job is college professor. College professors are not political propagandists. He seems to think there's no distinction needed there. If he wants freedom from academic standards, he should work for the political party of his choice. Of course, that won't pay him $94,000 a year plus perqs and bennies.