[lbo-talk] Re: Gore Vidal: Lincoln Was, Like, Totally Gay

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Tue Jan 4 17:19:18 PST 2005

From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

>The South as a region *is* hopelessly backward -- anti-intellectual,
>anti-union, pro-religion, pro-military, pro-business. Not to mention that
>the South has been *sponging *off Northern tax dollars for generations. These
>are not slanders but facts.

"Sponging off the Northern tax dollars"? Okay. Prove it.

"anti-intellectual, anti-union, pro-religion, pro-military, pro-business" This is nothing more than mere slander.

We have plenty of unions in Tuscaloosa. Anti-intellectual... so why do we have all of these college's and university's? Pro-religion.... poverty does that to some people. Pro-military... the military pays for poor people to go to college. Pro-business... what is the alternative - one that has proven to work?