[lbo-talk] The Ontology of Two Chairs (was Reich on sex & religion)

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Jan 5 08:49:33 PST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: Do you subscribe to pragmatists' point as much as Nietzche's point ?
> Doesn't the pragmatists' point make Nietzche's point moot ?

I see quite a bit of conceptual overlap between pragmatism and N: genealogy of morals is a proto-pragmatist text, isn't it? In any case, the important thing about science is that it works. Whether or not it uncovers some neo-Platonic, immutable forms/laws is an idle philosophical question. (I think that qualifies as a pragmatic/Nietzschean point!)

Miles