[lbo-talk] Re: Atheistic religions

oudeis oudeis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:07:31 PST 2005

jks wrote:

> We have to
have Kelly design you guys Vestments, though. And we need a name for the church. Ideas?

I'm in. I don't know about a name for the church, but I have been giggling over the fact that, since my partner left the Navy (retired, 20 yrs.), he decided to grow his hair and a full beard, rather than just the mustache. He freakin' looks like the blond haired, blue-eyed jesus in the portrait in my grandma's apartment. PLUS! He does wonders with wood (as in carpentry :)

I was talking to his mother a couple of weeks ago and, silly me, when she asked how I liked his new look, I told her that he looked like jesus. she chuckled but my partner told me that, since she's a devout mormon, she was probably very uncomfortable with my comment. ooops!

thankfully, he rejected the religion. still, dear mom still plugs away, hoping he'll come back to the church. in fact, she told him last week that, if he really loved me, he'd take me to temple. thank dog that ain't gonna happen in my lifetime -- although I _am_ intrigued by the magical mystery mormon underwear.