[lbo-talk] Zionism & Anti-Semitism, proportionate

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 5 16:29:43 PST 2005

Samuel Waite wrote:

>Yeah, I remember Cockburn writing about it in The
>Nation a while back. Finkelstein mentioned legal
>threats at one of his lectures, which is perhaps why
>it's not being put out by UC Press instead of the New
>Press.

It's a story of the Verso diaspora. Colin Robinson, former editorial director of Verso, is now the publisher at the New Press. Niels Hooper, who took over as head of Verso's New York office after they squeezed out Colin, is now a history editor at UC. Sometimes former colleagues can become competitors, even in the world of radical publishing.

In any case, you can be sure Dersh will raise a major stink about it.

Doug