[lbo-talk] Re: Atheistic religions

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:00:35 PST 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>What about the Holy Ghost, the Rodney Dangerfield of the Trinity? I've
>>never been clear on the HG's job description, but He/She/It is often
>>depicted as a dove, which right off the bat would seem to make the HG more
>>congenial company than the other two Almighties.
>
>... rejecting the Holy Ghost is the only unforgivable sin, if I'm
>remembering my Catholic doctrine right. That's hardly Dangerfield
>territory.

Hmm, with an eye toward Judgment Day then, I would note my longstanding belief that the Holy Ghost deserves greater liturgical respect. One way might be to add a third element to the Communion service -- say, some cheese to go with the wine and wafer. This would give the Eucharist both added spiritual resonance and more nutritional value.

Carl