[lbo-talk] Does Al Qaeda Exist?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:05:17 PST 2005

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>Of course, it is possible that discussion of terrorism at LBO-talk,
>>like the Bush Team's propaganda for mass consumption, is so dumbed
>>down that the real question that Sheer and BBC are asking cannot be
>>discussed intelligently.
>
>You're our last defense against idiocy!
>
>Doug

Well, it took you about four years to recognize what I, as well as about 5% of all Americans and 20% of all Black Americans, said in 2001: invading Afghanistan (or any other nation for that matter) has nothing to do with apprehending the 9/11 terrorists or preventing future acts of terrorism.

Back then, you were busy asking such senseless questions as "are you willing to take a spore for the anti-empire?" at <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2001/2001-October/022481.html>, convinced that someone needs to invade Afghanistan (though you would have preferred the United Nations rather than Washington to do it), as if any military could have accomplished anything there in the way of stopping terrorism.

From your interview with Christian Parenti, I conclude that the only thing that the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan has achieved, which has indeed become a multinational affair by now, is to raise the price of real estate and costs of living in Kabul. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * "Proud of Britain": <http://www.proudofbritain.net/ > and <http://www.proud-of-britain.org.uk/>