[lbo-talk] Does Al Qaeda Exist?

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:58:58 PST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

> Well, it took you about four years to recognize what I, as well as
> about 5% of all Americans and 20% of all Black Americans, said in
> 2001: invading Afghanistan (or any other nation for that matter) has
> nothing to do with apprehending the 9/11 terrorists or preventing
> future acts of terrorism.

I don't see how believing Scheer's descriptions of the purportedly decentralized nature of Al Qaeda logically entails also believing that the war in Afghanistan "didn't have anything to do" with preventing future acts of terrorism, or even believing that doing so wasn't one efficacious (or even essential) means to that end.

-- Luke