[lbo-talk] looking for prostitutes

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 14 09:33:37 PST 2005

For the next issue of Stay F---! I'm very much hoping to do a roundtable discussion with some local Brooklyn prostitutes. If anyone knows someone who knows sex workers (or if you know someone who knows someone who knows someone) please forward this along and/or let me know.

:::::

Stay Free! -- a Brooklyn based magazine of culture and politics -- is looking for sharp, articulate prostitutes (with a sense of humor) to participate in a roundtable discussion; the conversation will be published in our May issue. We're especially interested in talking to sex workers from (or experienced with) the neighborhoods of Boerum Hill, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Park Slope, and Prospect Heights.

The point of the discussion is this:

For a lot of people, all they know about prostitutes is what they've seen in the movies. They don't think of them in terms of workers, as people with everyday lives. So we'd like this forum to explore some of the day-to-day aspects of sex work; workers' funny and not-so-funny experiences; and political issues that affect them.

We'll have a moderator lead the discussion and record the conversation, which we'll later edit. Participants are free to use pseudonyms.

Stay Free! is available free in bars and eateries in Boerum Hill, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Park Slope, and Prospect Heights. Or on the web at http://www.stayfreemagazine.org (You can download our most recent issue here: http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/archives/23/23download.html )

Contact:

Carrie McLaren cm at stayfreemagazine.org 718-398-9324