[lbo-talk] Re: Re: _for_ what? (was Stop Flogging <...>)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 14 15:39:50 PST 2005

BklynMagus wrote:

>in ACT UP we -- PWA's, PHIVs and our allies -- were staging
>fabulous protests

That was inspiring, excellent stuff. But the protests were always very well targeted and timed. And I remember talking to one of ACT-UP's drug experts long ago - he's probably dead now, but man did that guy know his stuff. That kind of knowledge gave the organization a lot of heft - much more than it would have had had it just been a bunch of folks acting out in the street.

Doug