[lbo-talk] Re: Bush using SSA to propagandize

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 12:25:03 PST 2005

Is it working? My feeling, based solely on conversations with residents in MO, FL, and NY, is that people don't perceive there is a crisis. I haven't spoken to anyone who truly believes there is a crisis looming, just that something will need to be done eventually. If not now then next year or five years from now. It isn't imperative something be done immediately to avert catastrophe. I haven't read any polls about peoples feelings about the immediacy of action needed so that's just a seat of the pants feeling. Some of them however have no problem with the WH plan as they think it offers them "choices" which as everyone knows is always a positive.

John Thornton