[lbo-talk] POPE'S STAND ON CUBA EMBARGO ANGERS EXILES

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 14:12:54 PST 2005

>The last "ex cathedra" pronouncement from the Vatican that I know of was
>in the sixties.

A correction is called for on my part here. This was not an "ex cathedra" pronouncement but rather "Ordinary Authentic Magisterium". My mistake. I sometimes type faster than I can remember things. I would have to do some research to call up all the specifics concerning this argument since it isn't something I have given much thought to in quite some time. I was once interested in this shit many years ago. I actually considered seminary and went for a long interview weekend at Kenrick-Glennon back in the early eighties. Fortunately Laws hypocrisy and ex-priest Bernie Meyers honest answers to my questions kept me from proceeding. Arguing the arcane issues involved in religion is now about the same to me as arguing the specifics of feats of Hercules. It can be fun but it is ultimately of no real consequence.

John Thornton

--- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0502-4, 01/16/2005 Tested on: 1/17/2005 4:13:04 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com