[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 16:49:13 PST 2005

I'm with Lacny on this one, despite the unneccesarily surly tone he adopts. Chuck0 has stated many times that he feels unions are "the left wing of capital," so it's no surprise he feels no special need to show solidarity with them. [And yeah, many business union leaders do sell out their members, but come on, crossing picket lines is still odious.] Also, calling the strike organizer that Lacny mentions "a fucking idiot" is pretty lame.

- B.

John Lacny wrote:

"Last year my partner argued against a strike by her union, saying it was ill-advised. When the strike vote came and people approved the strike, she worked harder than anybody else in the union to actually organizing the strike."

Chuck) replied:

"What a fucking idiot."

===== "I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978