[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jan 19 17:19:42 PST 2005

B. wrote:
> I'm with Lacny on this one, despite the unneccesarily
> surly tone he adopts. Chuck0 has stated many times
> that he feels unions are "the left wing of capital,"
> so it's no surprise he feels no special need to show
> solidarity with them. [And yeah, many business union
> leaders do sell out their members, but come on,
> crossing picket lines is still odious.] Also, calling
> the strike organizer that Lacny mentions "a fucking
> idiot" is pretty lame.

I've stated many times that big unions are the left wing of capital. I don't feel the same way about small unions, which includes the one that I'm currently a member of.

Crossing picket lines is odious? I have no recollection of saying something that generalized. I pointed out that there are gray areas, such as stupid pickets, and an example of such was provided. I can think of other reasons to cross picket lines. Labor absolutism sucks and doesn't accomplish anything. I think everybody here wants to help workers to organize better.

I stand by my words directed at Lacny's partner. He comes onto this list on a regular basis to attack me. If he is going to dish it out, I will throw it back at him.

Chuck