[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Jan 19 22:13:00 PST 2005

John Thornton wrote:

> >It's really very simple: 4 legs good; 2 legs bad.
> >Get that straight, OK?
>
> >Joanna

Goodness, I was agreeing with you. That 4 legs good 2 legs bad thing is from Animal Farm and I was using it as an example of bad simple minded thinking....

I'll add another note here. The only time I shop at chain food stores is when I need cat food, detergent, or toilet paper. I get everything else at the local farmer's market, the local butcher's, and the local baker. If the unionized Safeway workers set up a picket line around my farmer's market, I would cross it. The farmer's market is clearly run by people who work on farms. Until the workers RUN Safeway and bring stuff in the store that's fit to eat, I don't see how I can do otherwise.

Joanna