[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Jan 20 16:25:54 PST 2005

Bill Bartlett wrote:

> What are you on about? The IWW isn't some kind of secret society.

You mean the prohibition about revealing the identities of IWW members in public was changed? This list is publicly accessible. In an era of Google, any prospective employer can search the Internet and find your name or my name on this list. As somebody who probably has been unable to find work, possibly in part due to my name being on the Internet, this concerns me.

Even if this isn't current IWW policy, it's a good idea not to reveal people's union affiliation on a public list.

A good idea like not crossing picket lines. ;-)

Chuck